We value your privacy
At GreatSoft, we care about your privacy. How we handle your personal information is governed by the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (each, Privacy Act) and the Privacy Principles under each Privacy Act. We want you to understand what this means for you, including the rights that you have over your personal information.
- you’re one of our clients;
- you use any of our products and services (including our apps); or
- you visit our website at GreatSoft.com.au or any of our affiliated websites (our Sites) or any of our social media channels (our Channels).
By providing personal information to us, you consent to us collecting, holding, using and disclosing that information in accordance with, and for the purposes specified in, this Policy.
If you work for us, you can contact our human resources team for more information about how your personal information is handled.
In this Policy, the terms we, us, our and GreatSoft refer to GreatSoft Pty Ltd (ACN 627 048 999) and our related companies.
2. What is personal information?
Personal information means information that identifies you, or could reasonably identify you as an individual. This includes facts and opinions, whether they’re true or not.
3. What personal information does GreatSoft collect?
The types of personal information we collect about you may include:
- your name, postal and street address, email address and telephone number;
- your gender, age, profession, role and place of work;
- records of our communications with you, including any complaints, requests or queries;
- your payment information, such as your credit card or direct debit information and ABN;
- details of the products and services we’ve provided to you, or that you’ve enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- information that you enter or upload into GreatSoft products or services (or that another person, such as your employer or accountant, enters or uploads into our products or services);
- information that you post to our Sites or Channels;
- when you access our products, services, Sites or Channels – your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, clicks and interactions, traffic to and from our products, services and Sites, and IP address; and
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
If you’re a bank feeds user, we’ll also collect your account details so that you and your authorised recipients can receive transaction information from your nominated accounts.
4. Does GreatSoft collect sensitive information?
In Australia, some personal information is considered ‘sensitive information’. This includes information about sexual orientation, religious beliefs, and memberships of professional or trade associations. This type of personal information is generally afforded a higher level of protection under the Privacy Acts.
We will only collect sensitive information about you if you have provided the information to us yourself, or if you otherwise consent to us collecting it.
5. What happens if GreatSoft is unable to collect your personal information?
You don’t have to give us your personal information. However, if you don’t, it may affect our ability to do business with you. For example:
- we may be unable to provide our products or services to you;
- we may be unable to communicate with you to provide information about products and services that you have purchased from us, or may intend to purchase in the future;
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our marketing communications to suit your preferences; or
- your experience when interacting with us may be delayed or not as efficient as you may expect.
6. How does GreatSoft collect your personal information?
We use different methods to collect your personal information. We collect most personal information directly from you, when you:
- order or register for a product or service;
- use our products or services (including, for example, by activating and using a company file or otherwise entering or uploading information into a product or service);
- use our Sites or Channels;
- interact with our client support and sales teams;
- complete a form, such as registering for our competitions, training, events and newsletters;
- interact with our authorised partners and certified consultant programs;
- complete our surveys or product testimonials;
- apply for a job with us; or
- attend one of our virtual or in-person events.
We may also collect personal information about you:
- from our third party joint initiative partners;
- that is publicly available, such as from social media;
- through tools that measure and track how you use a product or service or our Site; and
- from third parties that provide us with marketing leads.
7. Why does GreatSoft collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information (including information entered or uploaded by you, or on your behalf, into our products or services) for the purpose of:
- verifying your identity, including in accordance with our obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth) and Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Rules Instrument 2007 (No. 1);
- providing you with the products and services you’ve asked for;
- helping us operate, protect, improve and develop our business (including our products and services) and our users’ experience, for example, by performing analytics and conducting research;
- obtaining information about your commercial credit worthiness (e.g. credit score checks);
- helping us customise and improve your experience;
- assisting your authorised third parties (eg your accountant or bookkeeper);
- providing technical and other service support, administrative messages, reminders, technical notes, updates and information to you and your authorised third parties;
- keeping you informed about our products and services and those of our relevant business and joint initiative partners, and tailoring this information to your needs and interests;
- enabling secure access to our products and services;
- participating in any third party acquisition or potential acquisition of an interest in us or our assets;
- responding to any feedback, queries or complaints;
- processing a job application that you’ve submitted;
- fulfilling our legal and regulatory obligations; and
- otherwise as may be required for the general management and conduct of our business.
8. How does GreatSoft use or disclose your personal information?
We’ll only use or disclose your personal information:
- for the purpose for which it was collected (or a related purpose that you would reasonably expect);
- for any other purpose for which you’ve given your consent; and
- otherwise where we are permitted or required to do so by law.
We won’t sell your personal information to third parties without your consent.
Some of the recipients we may disclose your personal information to include our related companies and third party service providers who help us to deliver our products and services to you. These third parties provide a variety of services, including client contact, archiving, auditing, professional advisory, credit checks, banking, data processing, marketing and advertising, data analysis, business intelligence, website and technology services. Each of these third parties are carefully selected. They’re only permitted to use your personal information to the extent necessary for them to provide their services to us.
Some of our related companies and third parties to which we disclose personal information may be located overseas, including in South Africa and the United States. These related companies and third parties may not be subject to Australian or New Zealand privacy laws. However, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that those organisations comply with applicable privacy laws.
9. How does GreatSoft use aggregated data?
Aggregated data is general data about groups of people. It is not personal information, as it can’t be used to identify an individual. An example of aggregated data is the number of people that use our products in a particular industry.
We may use aggregated data for a variety of purposes, including to:
- help us understand how you use our products, services, Sites and Channels, and how we can improve your experience;
- tailor the way we communicate with you so that every interaction is useful; and
- create helpful insights for the business community (which may include publishing those insights).
We sometimes share aggregated data with our business or industry partners.
If we combine or connect aggregated data with your personal information so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we will treat that combined data as ‘personal information’ in accordance with this Policy.
10. How does GreatSoft store and protect your personal information?
The security of your personal information is at the heart of our business. We understand that you trust us with very important information, and we are committed to protecting it.
When you share personal information with us, we usually store it in electronic form. We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information you give us from unauthorised access, use or disclosure, in line with industry standards. This includes technical and organisational measures, such as arming our webpages with encryption technologies.
Before entering your personal information on our Site, you can check that the page is encrypted by:
- confirming that the page address in the web browser’s tool bar or status bar begins with https://; or
- checking that the padlock icon in the web browser’s tool bar or status bar is ‘locked’.
If you’re a customer of our products or services, or a registered user of our Sites or Channels, you can control access to your account with a username and password of your choice. You should choose a strong password, change it regularly, and never disclose it to others. We recommend that you use multi-factor authentication if it’s available.
We’re also committed to protecting your information offline. Where we hold your business information, personal information and sensitive information, it’s subject to access controls.
While we take reasonable measures to protect your personal information when it’s in our hands, we can’t guarantee the security of the internet as a whole. If you’re using our products, services, Sites or Channels online, please ensure you’re doing so in a secure environment. In addition, if you use email to send and receive your personal information, please be aware that the information may be less secure in transit.
11. How does GreatSoft use your personal information for marketing, and how can you opt out?
To help your business succeed, we want to tell you about services and offers we think you might like.
If you consent to receiving direct marketing communications from us, we may contact you through various channels including email, SMS, regular mail, in-product messages or messages via third party platforms.
If you don’t want us to contact you for these purposes, you can let us know at any time by:
- for email marketing communications –by updating your email communication preferences, or clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any of our email marketing communications; or by contacting your account managers directly;
- for marketing communications that you’ve received via a different channel (such as direct mail or phone calls) – by contacting your account managers directly.
12. How does GreatSoft use your personal information to operate its Sites?
We’re constantly making changes to our products, service, and Sites to improve your experience.
Your login credentials enable you to update your details, access online help, and perform transactions. In some cases, you can authorise other people (such as your employees or accountant) to access, enter and manage information on your behalf.
14. How can you access and correct your personal information?
It’s your personal information – which means you have a right to know what information we have and correct any inaccuracies. You can contact us with your request by using the contact details at the bottom of this Policy.
Please include as much detail as possible in your request about the information you want to access or correct. Sometimes, you might need to pay an administrative fee to cover the costs associated with your request. We’ll respond to your request as soon as we’re reasonably able to.
There are circumstances where we might not be able to fulfil your request. If that happens, we’ll let you know the reasons why in writing. If we don’t allow you to access or correct your personal information, and you disagree with our decision, you can make a complaint following the process outlined in section 15 of this Policy.
15. How do you lodge questions, concerns or complaints?
If you’re not happy with how we’ve handled your personal information, please use the contact details at the bottom of this Policy to let us know. We’ll investigate your complaint and respond to you as quickly as possible (usually within 30 days of hearing from you). If your complaint takes longer to resolve, we’ll let you know how the investigation is progressing.
For further information about making a privacy complaint, or the progress or outcome of any investigation, please contact the Privacy Officer using the details at the bottom of this Policy.
If you’re not satisfied with how we’ve handled your complaint, you can lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) if you’re in Australia or with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner (OPC) in you’re in New Zealand. For more information please visit the OAIC’s website or OPC’s website.
Sometimes this Policy will need to be updated. Any changes will be effective immediately on the posting of the revised Policy on this Site. Please check this Site regularly to see if there have been any changes. Depending on the nature of the change, we may also announce it by email (if we have your email address). You can also obtain a copy of the most current version of this Policy by either emailing or writing to the Privacy Officer using the contact details set out below.
By continuing to use our product, services or Site, or otherwise continuing to deal with us, you accept these changes and this Policy as it applies from time to time.
17. Contacting Us
By email: email@example.com
By post: Privacy Officer
GreatSoft Pty Ltd
PO Box 73
Richmond VIC 3121
GreatSoft’s Privacy Officer deals with privacy-related queries only. For general sales, billing and product support enquiries please call 1800 101 7770.
Last updated: June 2021